Our team of Fit 4 Life Kids Activity Specialists are the top dance, sport, fitness and martial arts experts in New York City. Each team member has years of experience working with children/teens and is trained in our Play with a Purpose program model.
We recruit, screen, and train only the highest quality professionals:
- Physical Education Teachers
- Youth Fitness Experts (Youth Yoga, Fit Games, Strength & Conditioning and more)
- Dance Teachers (Hip Hop, African, Modern, Afro-Caribbean, and more)
- Martial Artists (Capoeira, Karate, Kickboxing and more)
- Sport Coaches (basketball, soccer, track, and more)
- Small Space Activity Specialists
All of our instructors complete our six-hour training program in addition to attending regularly scheduled staff development workshops. Our training components include:
- How to create an all-inclusive environment
- Understanding your role in the fight against child obesity
- Principles of youth development
- Keys to effective classroom management
- How to create easy to follow lesson plans
- How to manage difficult behavior while motivating
Every instructor submits weekly lesson plans meeting
JOIN OUR TEAM!
are seeking caring professionals in the areas of children's dance,
sports, martial arts and fitness to work in our Fit 4 Life Kids
program. In order to be considered for the position you MUST have the following:
Additional requirements that are a plus, but not required:
- Experience working with children and/or teens.
- Experience teaching groups of children and/or teens.
- A clear demonstration of success in working with children and/or teens (verified by references).
- Updated First Aid/CPR
- Fingerprinted by the Department of Education or New York Charter School Center
- Carry your own liability insurance
- Up to date certifications (applies to personal trainers, group fitness instructors and coaches)
How to apply:
- Work with children in grades K-12.
- Teach a group of 15-20 students.
- 3-8 hours a week depending on the school you are placed in.
- Mostly after school hours, any time between 3 and 6p.m.
- Must be able to commit to working half of a school year or a full school year (Sept.-June).
- Ongoing training and support are provided.
- Email your cover letter and resume as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Cover letter and resume MUST be emailed as an attachment. You will not be considered if it is not.
- Please no phone calls. You will be contacted if we find that your resume and experience meet our requirements.